It is Independence Day this weekend! Happy Fourth of July!
To thank the countless men and women who have served our country, all active duty military members and veterans bowl free. We’re also bringing out the red pins and our spin and win prize wheel. Every time you bowl a red pin strike, spin the wheel for a chance to win awesome prizes like free bowling, beer, and gift cards!
On Saturday, we celebrate the signing of the Declaration of Independence for the 239th time. 239 – that’s a pretty big number, but it is not the only number associated with the Fourth. Here are some more numbers to accompany your Fourth of July celebration this weekend. We bet you didn’t know these numbers!
Numbering the Fourth of July
– There were 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence
– The youngest signer was 26 years old
– The oldest signer was 70 years old – Benjamin Franklin!
– 8 of the signers were born in Great Britain or Ireland
– Thomas Jefferson and John Adams both died on the Fourth of July, exactly 50 years after the Declaration of Independence was signed!
– In 1781, Massachusetts became the first state to make July 4th a holiday
– Independence Day became a federal legal holiday in 1941
– 63% of Americans attend a fireworks display on the Fourth
– 66% display an American flag
– 80% attend a backyard BBQ, picnic or cookout
– 26% set off their own fireworks
– Setting off your own fireworks is illegal in 4 states
– 32% watch a Fourth of July parade
– Americans eat 150 million hot dogs on the Fourth of July
– 1/3 of all hot dogs produced in the United States come from Iowa
– More than 14,000 Fourth of July firework displays explode in the United States
Want to see even more numbers about the Fourth of July? Check out the infographic “The 4th of July by the Numbers” by History.com at http://www.history.com/topics/holidays/july-4th/interactives/4th-of-july-by-the-numbers.
There’s a lot of ways to celebrate Independence Day this year, and we hope you join us this weekend! All veterans and active duty members bowl free on the 4th of July. Show us your proper military/veterans id and start the fun! Take advantage of free bowling and spin our fun wheel when you bowl a red pin strike. Enjoy your Independence Day celebration, bowlers – we’ll see you on the lanes!
Check out more specials here: http://jb-on-41.com/specials/.