We talk a lot about bowling on this blog. Obviously. You’ve learned much about bowling from the many blog posts we’ve written. There’s still more to be learned, however. And that’s why, this week, we’re filling your brain with the top ten bowling facts you didn’t know. We can just about guarantee that you’ve never heard these facts before!
Top 10 Bowling Facts You Didn’t Know
1. The maximum number of holes allowed in a bowling ball is 12.
2. The first indoor bowling lanes were built in New York City in 1840.
3. The largest bowling center is located in Japan. It has 116 lanes!
4. The largest bowling center in the US is in Las Vegas, Nevada. It’s also the second largest bowling alley in the world.
5. You get a “Golden Turkey” when you bowl nine strikes in a row.
6. Reno, Nevada is home to a bowling stadium. Yep, an actually stadium for bowling!
7. Fried heads are the dried up portion of the first 15 or 20 feet of the lane.
8. There is no minimum weight requirement on a bowling ball. The lightest one ever made weighed only four pounds.
9. A bowling ball is allowed to weigh up to 16 pounds (for ten pin bowling).
10. A bowling pin is required to be 15 inches in height.
(Fun facts courtesy of http://gobowling.com/News/May-2012/bowling-facts-blog, http://www.asgbowl.com/blog/bid/83434/25-Fun-Facts-About-Bowling, and http://www.funtrivia.com/en/Sports/Bowling-4672.html).
Share these fun facts tomorrow at Historic Highway 41's fundraiser for the American Heart Association. It's on Saturday, August 1 from 9 am – 1 pm. Enjoy bowling, a breakfast buffet with bacon, French toast, and pancakes, selfies, and more, all for a great cause. Visit http://www.ahabowlathonhistoric41.mivoz.com/ to get your tickets.
AND don’t forget our next family event! Our next Mission: Reconnect event is on Tuesday, August 4 from 6 – 8 pm. This month, we’re focusing on all our Mommy bowlers! Make lasting memories with your kiddos without all of the distractions. Here’s the details you need to know:
Mommy and Me
When? Tuesday, August 4 from 6-8 pm.
Where? JB’s on 41
What? Bowling in Suite 41 for 2 hours, shoe rental, a spaghetti and garlic bread dinner (plus desserts!), a $10 Game Room card, and the chance to win prizes.
How much? $15.99 per person.
We’re limited to 40 spots, so call ASAP to reserve your spot! Call us at 414-281-8200 or just stop in at JB’s. Focus on what matters most this Tuesday – family.
We’ll see you on the lanes!